If your sliding shower door is sticking, you may need to replace the glass door track. This task can be time consuming, but it’s not difficult to do with a little patience and the right tools.
Supplies Needed to Replace Doors
Before you start you will need:
-A plastic tarp or drop cloth
How to Replace the Glass Doors
Starting with removing the shower doors, which is the most difficult step, perform the following:
1. Look at the top track and you will find two brackets, one in each corner. Start by removing the outside door first, then the inside.
2. Lay the drop cloth in the tub. This will be a huge help later on!
3. Find where the caulk meets the jamb and the wall. You will need to make a cut here with the utility knife.
4. Place the putty knife in the groove you have just made. Work the putty knife until the seal has broken.
5. Now you can pull the jamb out from the wall, and start to scrape away the excess caulk.
6. Next you will need to lay the new track down, and mark its position with a pencil.
7. Once it’s marked, you can prepare the track for installation.
8. Once the track is in place, you can start to caulk around it, just as the old one was.
9. As soon as it’s dried, you can hang the doors.